Sunday, June 24, 2007

A nice long run!

Week: 54 mi. Not quite the "60 in 6 days" that I had mentioned previously, but I did finally log a solid long run. Read Thursday's entry for better details, but suffice it to say that 29 of this week's 54 miles were logged on that day. Kind of the point I guess!

June 24

8mi, 54+min: "SPEED" Felt much better today. So much so that I decided to up the pace for a while. Push a little bit on tired legs if you will. 5 minutes of tempo uphill followed by 12 additional minutes after turning back down. At least 2.5 mi at a good threshhold clip. Some easy running to start and to finish up. (ax)

June 23

4mi, 30:21: Recovery running still. Got the legs moving and I felt better than yesterday. (ax)

June 22

3mi, 26:19: As pace would indicate, this was an easy run that wasn't. Still, good to do. A brief cruise around Repbublic, WA as I prepared for my first library visit of the NCRL system's summer reading program. (ax)

June 21
29mi, 5:37.15: A summer solstice run, and a fine one at that! Ran from Billygoat Trailhead to Cougar Lake with Wasatch compatriot Dan Kuperberg. About 5000 feet of climbing with a very nice mix of runnable terrain. Great country. Especially views from Lucky Pass, on this surprisingly snow-free route into the Pasayten Wilderness area.

I was certainly feeling it once we passed the 4 hour mark, but all-in-all a very good run. The down's are harder on me than the ups in most cases. Not too sure what to do about that except to keep running them and to get used to the jarringness -- if that were an actual word. (cas) A few pics for posterity:
Dan, just beyond Lucky Pass with Rampart Ridge in the background.

We staged these two action"shots for appropriate effect!


June 19

3mi, 23:44: An easy run to make sure that I get in 6 days o' running this week... (a5)

June 18

7mi, 54:30: Easy distance. Home to townish on the Winthrop Trail. On advice of my brother-in-law, I'm trying to slow up a little on these maitenance runs. Not too successful as yet, but we'll keep trying. (ax)

No comments: