Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Sun Mt. 50k

April 6-12 51mi. 5 days and one looong race.

Again, all's well that ends well. I patiently paced myself though 50k on Saturday, finished without crashing, and got out for a short run again on Tuesday. The two days off was over cautious (and subject to work schedules) even. 5:06ish and a 9th place finish for the first ever Sun Mountain 50k. James Varner and friends did an excellent job making last minute adjustments to pull this thing off. The course held up well on soft ground and was perhaps even more challenging than the original route. James estimated about 6000ft of climb, so it also qualifies as an excellent hill workout at this point in the spring :)

I'll hope to keep similar weekly totals between now and the Sunflower Rely on May 2nd. After that, maybe I'll finally get in a few long runs with my Wasatch cohorts.

No comments: