Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blocks

May 12-18: Happy. Hit my mileage goals despite only running 4 days AND I didn't get hurt -- or at least I haven't noticed anything yet. Similar or slightly higher miles for next week, but spread out. It should be an easier week for that. Another "speed" or hill workout for sure. Mazama 10k trail race next Saturday.

May 18

18mi, 2:08.20. Ran in my old Seattle stomping grounds -- Greenlake, The Birke Gilman, University District, Ravenna Park, etc.. Fun to have a lot of people around for a change - even when I was suffering through the 2x2mi threshold (6:10 pace) workout in the middle of the run. I felt "OK" on that part, but not great. Considering the 5 hrs of driving to Seattle in the morning, and the 2 hour trail run yesterday, I guess I'm pretty happy with it. (rad)

May 17

12mi, 1:59. Monument Creek Trail with Brian. Nice and slow. Great sunny morning. Awesome raging river waters! 1 x Gu. 1x Cliff Block. 2 bottles H2O. (cas III) BIKE: Almost an hour and a half bike ride with Keeley and Sarah in the afternoon. I was getting light headed in the last 20 minutes. A hot day for so much outside activity even though I was drinking like crazy!

May 15

11mi, 1:35. Black Bear etc. on Sun Mountain. Another warm day made easier by an early morning run. BIKE: Rode Keeley into school. Ditched the bike and started my run. (rad)

May 14

10mi, 1:20. FS 800. Roads and trails near our house. An easy run in antcipation of craming in LOTS in a short amount of time this week. BIKE: Picked K up from the Roths. A windy ride home at the end of the day. Warmer. (rad)

No comments: