Monday, March 16, 2009

Big Eyes. Full Tummy.

March 9-15

43mi. 6 days of running. About 15mi LSD. 2 days of skiing (1 hr+ skating each). A fine week. More miles than I'd really wanted, but no harm done. Regarding the caption, this weeks long run occured late Sunday afternoon. My family and I watched "The Little Prince" at the Merc Theater in Twisp, and I decided to run home. In the summer, when I can take a few shortcuts via trails & dirt roads, this is about 13 miles. On Sunday... it was farther... I think. After the first 40 minutes to Elbow Coulee, I knew that it was to far. And then it started snowing :) I took it slow. Stopped a few times to admire the scenery AND to keep it sane. My hoped-for 1:30-1:45 run took 2:12. I'm happy to have gotten in a 2hr+ run, but even so, I stopped about 1mi short of home and called for a ride! Like I said, it was farther than I'd wanted to go. There was no real point in being out for even another 8-10 minutes. So it goes.

No comments: