Sunday, May 13, 2007

Catch Up Time

Week: 37 miles. A step back of sorts, but not a complete loss. On the road for work. General business and life did not coincide with a solid training effort. I probably needed a week to ease off anyhow. Not that I was feeling bad, but I certainly felt tired on Saturday. I really hope to rebound this coming week with my first 50mi weekly effort and another long run into the 20's...

May 13

Happy Mother's Day! AM: HIKE. An excellent breakfast at the Freestone Inn followed by 2hrs walking with the family Brooks. Carried 34lbs of 4 year old for half of it. PM: 8+mi, 58:16: Roaming the woods west of the house. Felt much better than yesterday! (cas II)

May 12

8+mi, 1:07:12: Uhg! This run does not usually take this long. Still not feeling well. Tired too from travel. Simply glad to get it done... (brn)

May 11

11mi, 1:16ish: Random horse trails and powerline access east of Enumclaw. Stretched the legs for a bit just after my final school visit and prior to my 5hr drive back home. It felt pretty alright considering. (ax)

May 10

AM: 4mi, 29:32: Finally a run this week. 6AM cruise from my Southern Everett hotel room. Chilly! (ax)
PM: 6+mi, 42:11: Centennial Trail. Snohomish, WA. Done with my Granite Falls school visit and headed south to Enumclaw. Saw this trail from the road and decide to go for another run. My first 2x in a desperate attempt to salvage the weekly miles. I might still be lucky to hit 30! (ax)

Week: 48 miles. A fine week! Odd accumulations, but I logged two 16+(2:30+) mile runs and still seemed to have some legs at the end of the second one (The Sunflower Iron Race). I still really need to add an extra day of running to up the overall miles. Must find the time!

May 6

BIKE: 35mi. A good shake out from Sunday's Race. Also the only possible thing for me to do since I was single dad for the few days surrounding...

May 5

RACE: The Sunflower Iron: 24mi including a 15+ min warmup. 2:36:43 for the 22mi race. I defended my honor and placed 2nd, if not my overall time from last year. Also played it very patient given my long run on Tuesday and tried to save myself for the final 6mi. This plan seemed to work very well. There is no way that I would have caught the winner (15 min ahead) but it was good to know that I could still puch hard at the end of a longer and more "loaded" week. (ax)

NOTE: Not sure that Cliff Shots and I agree with one another. Will try again, but found them hard to chew while still trying to breath! Unintentionally spit out many little pieces along way.

May 3

4mi+, 31:41: Easy does it. Short cruise on the MVCT east of home. (ax)

No comments: