Monday, August 3, 2009

Catch Up!

Smiling ONLY because I'm finally at Sun Top -- the second major climb at the White River 50mi.

July 27-August 2. 15mi. 3 days.

Another week of library visits. Not much running. I actually felt OK on my three runs post White River, but I've pretty much decided that Wasatach is NOT a good choice for me at this point. The incentive to get out and run big miles wasn't really there.

July 20-26. 77 mi. 4 days.

My biggest week in 6-8 years. I made an eleventh hour decision to run The White River 50 Mile with a couple of friends -- literally decided on Friday morning -- and improved my 50mi PR by about 30 minutes. I didn't have quite as much left during that last 6 miles as I did 2 years ago, but I ran the second uphill much better this time around and feel like I paced it all out pretty darn well. Despite this 8:46.29 performance over 50 miles, I'm still feeling far from ready to run at Wasatch. Too many other things to accomplish in the next 5 weeks to prepare for that race properly it seems...

July 13-19. 44mi. 5 days.

Uhg. Kind of an uninspired week. 2 x 2900 ft (in about 3 miles) at Copper Glance Lake felt super hard. Nearly 10, 000 ft of climbing on the week though, and a pretty good amount the week before as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well., that is something to be thankful for.. :) ~ vibram ~