Thursday, August 2, 2007

Nice and slow, see.

August 2

8mi, 1:12: A nice feeling run with brother-in-law and fellow White River recuperee, Andy Roth. Across Wolf Creek and up the hill from our house to Sun Mt. Lodge. Early in the day, so not so hot as yesterday. Much better. I'm acclimated to the heat better these days, but I should still really run early a little more often than I do. Legs feeling remarkably nice today. Watch your step coming back across Wolf Creek! I will have a good stone bruise on my right shin to remember that mantra. (v)

August 1

7mi+:1:01: A hot a sluggish run to town on the Community Trail. 3 days post White River I feel better off than three days post Tahoe, but it will be nice to feel even better soon. Some minor bruisy feelings in the left quad. Stick It! (ax)

PS I somehow missed posting the week of July 9-15 before going on vacation. Nothing extraordinary, but I did get in 45mi including another good 3 hour run via a trip over Abernathy Pass with Brian Sweet. All in all it was a restfulish week prior to Tahoe, in part to not over stree the tender left hipflexor -- which has miraculously healed! Duely noted as well that I will be skipping the "speed" training phase for Wasatch in favor of more miles/strength.

No comments: