Sunday, August 19, 2007

En Mass

Less consistant recording of the running as things have gotten busier and time more compressed. So it goes. If I get my rear out the door for 11-12 miles today, then I will have succeeded in getting back to 50mi+ for the last two weeks -- three cheers! Three extra cheers for the fact that major training for Wasatch is coming to a close. I've never achieved BIG weekly mileage, but I have run a lot more than in the previous 4 years, done more 2-6 hour runs than ever before, and gotten to the point where a 30 mile run feels pretty darn nice. I also took some fine photos in the last two weeks, some of which I will be adding below...

August 18

6mi, 40:24: A quick and easy. I haven't run this "fast" in a little while and I'm happy to feel some snap in the legs this soon after Thursday's 30mi. It took 3 weeks, but I think that I've finally recovered from White River. (a5)

August 16

30mi, 5:52: A gorgeous long run over Twisp Pass to Dagger Lake. A sharp turn near the PCT junction and up Macalester Creek to High Camp. Awesome views of Macalester Peak and also a lot of the smoke from the Domke Lake fire on Lake Chelan. Up to South Pass and then down the South Creek drainage to complete the loop. Really felt good. 2x Clip II mixes in my water plus an assortment of Cliff Blocks, Bars and pb n' j. (cas II)

Dan, mugging for some breakfast burrito sponsorship at Twisp Pass.

Perhaps the best "happy runner" photo that I have taken this summer. High Camp.

Also a fine shot!

August 13

2mi running, 8 mi HIKE, indeterminute time... A small bit of running in addition to about 8 miles of hiking with Keeley and my mom on Monday night/Tuesday morning. Carrying a 4 year old on shoulders in addition to my 40+ lb pack also seemed training log worthy. (cas II)


Week: 52 miles. 5 days of running. 7 library visits. 350+ miles of driving... A busy week again on the road, but two really nice longer runs as well. August 8th I ran about 3hrs up into the Snowy Lakes area near Leavenworth, WA. This involved climbing 4000ft in about 6.5 miles. Tough! I almost made it to the Enchantment Lakes region and I will definitely have to go back for that sometime. An almost perfect late afternoon run :) On Saturday, August 11, I ran 4hrs plus -- Up over Cutthroat Pass enroute to Methow Pass and then back again. About 23 miles as best as I can figure. Again, excellent! Not really hot at all, in fact I wore light gloves for the entire run. Small twinges of pain in my right heel were a little bit bothersome (Plantar fascitis?...) but that has been a non-issue since. (v & a5)

An unnamed lake (on my map anyway) enroute on my afternoon run south of Leavenworth. A sometimes rocky and challenging trail with lots of climbing.
The best self portait to date...

Snow Lake in the Alpine Lake Wilderness Area.

Near Granite Pass on the Cutthroat/Methow Pass run. That should be 8970 ft. Black Peak in the background, and YES I am wearing the same shirt that I wore 3 days earlier... testing for Wasatch of course!

No comments: